Among the many other decisions you have to make when choosing an air bed, the size is probably one of the most important. Well, I could say it’s THE most important part of your decision. There is nothing worse than not being able to get comfortable because you don’t have enough room. You don’t want to be woken up because you’ve rolled out of bed – again!
So, as part of the informational section on my website, I’ve decided it would be wise to give you some idea of the size of air mattresses there are available so you can make your own mind up on which one will suit you best.
These are generally large enough for adults that don’t want (or like) to share their sleeping space with someone else.
Indeed they’re also perfect if you’re travelling alone.
Below are some of the main benefits.
- Most twin size air beds will measure approximately 40 inches wide and 80 inches long which is easily enough to keep an average sized adult comfortable.
- They are much easier to put away because they’re smaller and as you read through some of my reviews for this size, you will find that some manufacturers have made it really simple to deflate your air mattress, roll it up and pop on the back of a bike or in the trunk of your car.
- Obviously, a twin will take up less room so you won’t have to worry about it fitting into a small space.
- These are the cheapest type of air bed you can have so, if you’re on a budget this may be the best option.
This is the next size up from a twin, and most of the models I have reviewed here will accommodate a couple. However, do bear in mind that if you are on the larger size it might be worth considering a king. You may also want to consider a queen air bed if you’re sleeping alone but want plenty of room to move about overnight. Aside from gaining a bit of extra space to sleep in, you can also expect the following benefits.
- It’s much easier for manufacturers to use the latest technology with a queen size for the simple reason there is more space to play with. For this reason, you will find some reviews on air beds of this size that are raised, have electronic built in pumps, and even come with a headboard.
Incidentally, if you’re a little confused about what raised means, take a quick look at my information page on low profile or raised.
- This size of air bed is about the middle of the range when it comes to price, but they are great for all sorts of uses. They will fit into the average sized tent for two people, can be used as a guest bed in your home and they are compact enough that you can take them with you when you visit friends or family.
As the name suggests, this is the largest size you can buy and for obvious reasons they cost the most. However, as you read through the benefits below you will soon begin to understand why more people opt for this size when they’re looking for an air mattress that feels just like your own bed.
- Because the king size is the largest airbed on the market, if you happen to be over 6 feet tall, you won’t end up with your feet hanging over the edge.
- This size is also perfect for couples that like to be in the same bed but not necessarily very close to each other all the time (especially when the weather is very warm).
- You have more options if you’re looking for a more permanent solution to your sleeping arrangements. King sized beds tend to come with more “bells and whistles” in terms of technology so this size is a great idea if you’re looking for a cheaper option than a normal bed.
Whatever size of air bed you’re looking for I have reviews on my website that I hope will suit everyone. Just remember that buying one that’s too small for your needs won’t help your overall sleeping experience.